- As a class we were introduced to Instructables, an online site used to learn how to make things and contribute to a community of knowledge.
- The process of finding new things is easy.
- There are competitions for creating good projects and posts.
- There are some really interesting projects, and a wide variety in all subjects.
- We were given an assignment to examine good, bad, and ugly posts to get an idea of good formatting and practice.
- We were briefed on the final project.
- We were told that we will post our project and findings on Instructables at the end.
- We were told that we will be using some sort of sensor in our project, so we should browse to get an idea of what kind of sensors are available.
- We learned how to use a multimeter.
- We learned how to measure voltage, amps, and ohms.
- We learned how to check if materials are conductive and how to check whether links exist in the circuit (such as what the power connects to in the circuit.)
- I worked on my final project.
- Finally soldered circuit board, but while the touch points worked at first, they stopped making sound so will have to speak with Thomas before continuing.
- Sensor Research.
- Examined the Boe Bot project that uses sensors that differentiate between black and white lines.
- Read a post that mentioned temperature reading sensors.
- The post also gives ideas such as programming objects to illuminate when certain events are triggered.
- Short reading on types of sensors. The reading discussed:
Monday, October 1, 2018
Week Five Experience Documentation