- As a class we discussed the Electric Body Manipulation as Performance Art: A historical Perspective article by Arthur Elsenaar and Remko Scha.
- From the reading, I found the evolution of the use of electricity interesting, from the original naming from the Greeks to contemporary uses.
- The split between applying electricity in both harmful and harmless ways to the human body was beneficial to the development of concepts regarding the use of electricity in performance art, such as the body's tolerance and what can be accomplished.
- Current applications of performance art in regards to interacting with other people is continuing to be explored.
- We discussed the Semester Project Proposals given by the Advanced Students so that we had an example of what we will need for our final project proposals.
- Seeing the layout of the presentation was helpful. They consisted of background ideas and inspiration, facts about what is trying to be accomplished, relevant contemporary ideas, the actual proposal, and a listing of materials and costs associated with these materials.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Week Four Experience Documentation